Apr 1, 2005
Im a negative male that is invovled with a positive female. I'm concerned about deep kissing. During sex the other night the condom broke. We realized it right away and stopped. Her viral load is almost undetectable How much should I worry about these two items?
Response from Dr. Remien
Deep kissing is not considered risky for HIV transmission. Please visit the Safe Sex, HIV Prevention and Transmission forum on this website (The Body). Also, see my response to a question about PEP titled,
You should also speak with your physician about this issue.
Current counseling groups in NYC
- Does Hiv Stay Alive In Dried Blood?
- Chances Of Contracting Hiv After One Unprotected Exposure
- How Rare Is It To Get Hiv Transmitted Through Open Cuts?
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- Will Genital Herpes Cause Shingles?
- Why Do I Keep Having Outbreaks Of Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.