The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Current counseling groups in NYC
Apr 1, 2005

Are there any counseling groups currently in NYC for serodiscordant gay male couples, either free or for fee?

Response from Dr. Remien

I would start by contacting the larger of the community based organizations that provide HIV services, such as Body Positive or GMHC. Both of these organizations have had groups of this kind and most likely have them currently. There are many other community based organizations that provide various forms of counseling and groups. There may be one in your neighborhood if the larger two that I mentioned are not convenient for you. You can also ask your and/or your partner's physician. Also, many clinics have or know about these type of groups. Ask around - I am sure you will be able to find something fairly easily.

Poz partner and Healthy Lifestyle: How to help?
Magnetic Relationship

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint