|I just met someone
Feb 12, 2005
I'm 18 and starting talking to this guy and before i met him he told me he is hiv positive and does that change my feelings about him. I told him it doesn't and I still want to be with him. is this a good idea?
Response from Dr. Remien
I don't think it is a question of being a good or bad idea. Choosing to get involved with another person is dependent on so many factors. And as I've often said, HIV status - in and of itself - need not be a reason for avoiding a relationship.
How to help him?
My pos partner didn't disclose
- Cold Hands After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.