Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

dating my first positive gay man

Hi,iam a 45 yrd old man,who just started having a relationship with a gay hiv+man.My problem is i felt more anxiety than i thought i would,during sex he ejaculated on my bare chest,i was alittle upset.What are the chances of transmitting the virus,if i had a small razor cut.i brought this up with my guy and he seemed a bit angered because i was overly concerned,i like this man alot but i don't know if i can deal with it,help!!

Response from Dr. Remien

Risk of transmission of HIV from the behavior you describe is extremely low (see the forum on Safe Sex, HIV Prevention and Transmission on the website of The Body). Anxiety when having sex is not fun and needs to be addressed. You and your partner need to be able to discuss concerns about transmission, without anger and hostility. However, it is also important that you inform yourself on basic transmission issues and also work to keep your fears in perspective.

Possible Misdiagnosis
Disclosure