|chances of passing on hiv to partner
Aug 29, 2004
a 53 yo male living with female partner.Diagosed 15 mths ago On HAART since diagnosis. VL undetectable,and cd4 count 640. USse condoms allways.Partner still has anxieties about trasmission. Please advise, Thank you.
Response from Dr. Remien
Consistent and correct condom use is a highly effective means of preventing transmission of HIV. The excellent health of the HIV+ partner adds an extra layer of security. However, that does not mean that the uninfected partner will not have some anxiety about the possibility of transmission - that is normal. However, if the anxiety and concern is more than mild, the person can probably benefit from some counseling around the issues.
How do I tell a wonderful man that I am positive.
Is it possible 2 test neg?
- Chance Of Passing Hiv If You Are Undetectable
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Black Spots After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.