Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

My finacee is HIV+ & I am -

Hello doc,

I am from India, fiancee is HIV + & iam -.

I have decided to marry him, my parent is not aware about HIV dises & his parents knows everything & not allowing us to get marry without informaing my parents, but after going through this site I am reaaly much more confident on my decision. He is really very upset. pls tell me about this more, how should i conveyance everybody for marriage, He is very update unble to take final decision. I alreday contact Dr. Malpani in India, He told me it is possible to have baby in such cases & this kind of cases is sucessful in world level. Dr. pls help me. & guide me more about this. He is really very healthy, not facing any single problem, increase his weight day by day (touch wood)his health is good at present, but littel bit upset about my decision.

Response from Dr. Remien

It is a little hard to give you specific advise over the Internet. As you have seen in this Forum, having a long-term, healthy and satisfying relationship is very possible between two people having an opposite HIV status. However, the situation does present its challenges. While I am not intimately familiar with your culture and the role of family in such decisions, I still feel that the bottom line is how you and your fiancé feel about things. It is the two of you who need to choose for yourselves and you need to communicate with each other on all of the issues and make your choices accordingly.

As you have read from other questions on this Forum, it is possible for your fiancé to have a long and healthy life, for you to remain HIV-negative, and even for you to have healthy uninfected babies. However, as you are doing, you need to work with physicians in your own area.

Good luck and get the advice and counseling that you need from local experts and resources in your region.

I don't beieve it's possible to be safe in a relationship
Immune to HIV