Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Dating someone that is Negative

I just met someone that is negative. Things are going well but he wants more information on what we can and cannot do. Is there a website that details the risk involved between a positive gay man and a negative gay man? i.e. kissing, oral sex, anal sex and this list goes on.

Response from Dr. Remien

I think you can start with the Safe Sex, Prevention and Transmission Forum on this website. You may also want to go to the website for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. There should be plenty of information there on the topic of risk for transmission of HIV. You and he may also want to seek information from a local community based organization in your area that provides this type of information (there are a lot of them out there) and possibly speak with a counselor at one of these types of agencies.

Mixed status couple - mouth ulcers
I don't beieve it's possible to be safe in a relationship