Jul 8, 2003
I am a 29 year old male that is HIV negative and in good health. I have been in a relationship with a girl that is HIV+. We had talked about marrying and I had touched her vaginal area "fingered" her with my bare hands. We have not had oral sex or intercourse. What is my risk? My girl friend tells my there is no risk. I have stopped this practice and was wondering if I should be tested.
Response from Dr. Remien
There is no significant risk of getting HIV from the behaviors you have described. Please read some of the questions and answers about sexual risk on the "Safe Sex, Prevention and Transmission" forum of this website.
Should I divorce?
HIV+ male with HSV/HPV+ ,HIV- Female
- Muscle Ache After Sharing Sex Toys Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Touching Precum Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Thrush After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.