Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Concerned

I am a 29 year old male that is HIV negative and in good health. I have been in a relationship with a girl that is HIV+. We had talked about marrying and I had touched her vaginal area "fingered" her with my bare hands. We have not had oral sex or intercourse. What is my risk? My girl friend tells my there is no risk. I have stopped this practice and was wondering if I should be tested.

Response from Dr. Remien

There is no significant risk of getting HIV from the behaviors you have described. Please read some of the questions and answers about sexual risk on the "Safe Sex, Prevention and Transmission" forum of this website.

Should I divorce?
HIV+ male with HSV/HPV+ ,HIV- Female