Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

PCR Test Before Trying to get pregnant

My wife and I would like to have a baby. We are both nearing 40 and would prefer starting sooner than later. However, I've had sex with men (with a condom). Thinking of getting a PCR Test. 1. Sounds like there's different PCR Tests, which one is the most accurate one?2. Is it conclusive after 28 days of the last possible exposure? 3. Is the test as a reliable as waiting 6 months or more with the antibodies test? Thank you for your advice.

Nothing is 100% conclusive after 28 days of exposure. Particularly using a test that is not FDA approved for HIV diagnosis. Most people would suggest that antibody testing 3 months after an exposure is probably definitive enough. MH

Selfish thinking?
how to handle break up