|PCR Test Before Trying to get pregnant
Mar 9, 2001
My wife and I would like to have a baby. We are both nearing 40 and would prefer starting sooner than later. However, I've had sex with men (with a condom). Thinking of getting a PCR Test. 1. Sounds like there's different PCR Tests, which one is the most accurate one?2. Is it conclusive after 28 days of the last possible exposure? 3. Is the test as a reliable as waiting 6 months or more with the antibodies test? Thank you for your advice.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Nothing is 100% conclusive after 28 days of exposure. Particularly using a test that is not FDA approved for HIV diagnosis. Most people would suggest that antibody testing 3 months after an exposure is probably definitive enough. MH
how to handle break up
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.