Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

my partner cheated and got infected with syphillis/hiv

I think that he got infected about eight weeks before we had anal/oral sex the last time. The problem is that he had developed chancore sores in his mouth and around his penis. Now being 3 months later he has tested positive for syphllis and HIV. Is there any likelyhood that I could not be infected too?

Response from Dr. Remien

It is possible that you were also infected with HIV and it is also possible that you were not infected. The only way you can know is to seek HIV testing and counseling for yourself. And in the meantime, be sure to protect yourself and your sex partners. Please seek advice from a health professional, in person.

How to tell if the problem in my relationship is fear of transmission...
test