|my partner cheated and got infected with syphillis/hiv
Jun 2, 2003
I think that he got infected about eight weeks before we had anal/oral sex the last time. The problem is that he had developed chancore sores in his mouth and around his penis. Now being 3 months later he has tested positive for syphllis and HIV. Is there any likelyhood that I could not be infected too?
Response from Dr. Remien
It is possible that you were also infected with HIV and it is also possible that you were not infected. The only way you can know is to seek HIV testing and counseling for yourself. And in the meantime, be sure to protect yourself and your sex partners. Please seek advice from a health professional, in person.
How to tell if the problem in my relationship is fear of transmission...
- Itchy Rash After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.