|my partner cheated and got infected with syphillis/hiv
Jun 2, 2003
I think that he got infected about eight weeks before we had anal/oral sex the last time. The problem is that he had developed chancore sores in his mouth and around his penis. Now being 3 months later he has tested positive for syphllis and HIV. Is there any likelyhood that I could not be infected too?
Response from Dr. Remien
It is possible that you were also infected with HIV and it is also possible that you were not infected. The only way you can know is to seek HIV testing and counseling for yourself. And in the meantime, be sure to protect yourself and your sex partners. Please seek advice from a health professional, in person.
How to tell if the problem in my relationship is fear of transmission...
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Oral Sex On A Woman
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can You Get AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.