Jun 2, 2003
If you have sex with someone who has aids but you use a condom will you get the viruse?
Response from Dr. Remien
Condoms are highly efficient at preventing transmission of HIV, if they are used correctly and consistently. However, nobody can tell you that it is impossible to contract HIV when condoms are used. People do make errors in their use of condoms and condoms can break. But again, they are your best form of protection, if there is to be sex between and HIV- and an HIV+ person.
Can't we be used to save other lives?
How to tell if the problem in my relationship is fear of transmission...
- Can You Catch Aids Through A Condom?
- Can You Catch Hiv With A Condom?
- If A Man Is Infected With Hiv Can He Pass It On To His Unborn Child?
- Why Do I Get Shingles Even After I Have Had The Vaccination?
- What Vitamins Should I Take If I Have Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.