Apr 11, 2003
hello there.....my question is: how is it that couples can remain in a mixed-status? for sex they use condoms, but do they refrain from french kissing? is that recomended?or is french kissing not a real risk for hiv transmission, given that the couple have good dental health?
Response from Dr. Remien
Deep kissing is generally not considered to be a risk behavior for HIV transmission, especially in the context of good dental health. Please read questions and answers on this topic on the "Safe Sex, Transmission, and Prevention" forum on this website.
i'm positive but my boyfriend is neg. and wants unsafe sex
- Oral Ulcers After Touching Precum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching A Bloody Scab Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.