Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

PLEASE HELP....VERY DEPRESSED

HI, MY DOCTOR IMFORMED ME TODAY THAT MY HIV SCREENING TEST WAS POSTITIVE-- WESTEN BLOT WAS DONE (FOLLOWING SCREENING TEST) THIS TEST WAS NEGATIVE--- DO I HAVE HIV??? AND WHY DID ONE TEST SHOW POS.AND THE OTHER SHOW NEG.??

Response from Dr. Remien

If you tested negative on the Western blot and the doctor told you that you were negative, there is no reason to doubt it. The screening test can often show "false positives" for a number of reasons. That is why it is always followed by a more sensitive test. It is the more sensitive test that should be considered the accurate one.

If you remain "depressed" about all of this, please consult directly with a mental health professional.

My partner whom passed away was HIV+ I was unaware???
a painful problem