Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

My partner whom passed away was HIV+ I was unaware???

My wonderful partner Antonio passed away due to AIDS.Over the 4 years , he never told me. I have been tested and have come up neg. How, I don't know! Does that mean that I am in the clear (so to speak)???Thank you for your time!!

Response from Dr. Remien

I am sorry to hear about your loss. If you have tested negative and it has been six months since you may have been infected by your partner from unprotected sex, then you should consider yourself to be in the clear. It would be extremely rare for you to actually be infected and not have tested antibody positive within that time. But you should always consult directly with a medical professional about such matters.

Boyfriend just told me
PLEASE HELP....VERY DEPRESSED