|The chances of getting HIV from upprotected sex
Feb 14, 2003
What are the chances of a women getting HIV from a male who knows he has it. What are the chances of a women getting without using a condom?
Response from Dr. Remien
When there is unprotected penetrative sex between and HIV+ person and an HIV- person there is a risk for the transmission of HIV. There are relatively different levels of risk associated with different behaviors (e.g., anal vs vaginal vs oral penetration). The bottom line is that too many women have, and continue to, get infected from their HIV+ male partners as a result of unprotected sex.
Sex with my wife safe?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Bottom
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Getting Scratched
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Oral
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Getting HIV From Protected Anal Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.