Feb 14, 2003
i have suffered from chronic swolen glans for the past 8 months. very woried thait i contracted aids. in the same period i gained about 22 pounds. is it possible that i can gain so much wait while having aids. thank you very much for your time
Response from Dr. Remien
It is certainly possible to gain weight when being infected with HIV or with having AIDS. It is also possible to have swollen glands without being infected with HIV or having AIDS. The only way you can know if you are infected is to go for testing and counseling. If you have other reasons to be concerned consult with a doctor and consider geing tested.
When both people are positive....
The chances of getting HIV from upprotected sex
- Ache In Testicles After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.