|cd4 countrelationship to hiv
Jan 26, 2003
if one's cd4 count is below 500 does it mean that your are hiv positive?
is it only hiv infection that reduces one's cd4 count?
Response from Dr. Remien
No, it does not mean that someone is HIV positive. There are other conditions that can cause a drop in CD4+ cells. Follow-up with a physician is recommended.
Small pox vaccination for those who work with HIV positive folks?
- Can You Get Hiv When Blood Touches Your Skin?
- Can You Get Hiv From Toilets?
- How Long Should I Wait To Take An Hiv Test After Being Raped?
- Can Hep C Be Naturally Cleared?
- What Is The Difference Between Hiv And The Flu?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.