Jan 26, 2003
my parter is a hiv- top and I am a hiv+ bottom.(at the undetechable stage) He would like to know what's the likely-hood of him getting infected if he doesn't wear a condom and pulls out before he orgasims. He thinks urinating right after sex lessons his chances of becoming infected,is this true. Is this high risk, medium risk or low risk?
Response from Dr. Remien
The risk for HIV infection is lower than if your partner is receptive. However, there is still a risk for HIV transmission when no protection is used.
Infectious in Window Period?
cd4 countrelationship to hiv
- Does HIV Cause Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Is Night Sweats A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Condoms Cause Allergies?
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- Is The Herpes Virus In A Male's Semen?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.