|Infectious in Window Period?
Jan 26, 2003
Can a person in Window period of AIDS (not tested positive yet) infect others?
Response from Dr. Remien
Yes, this is definitely possible. In fact, there is evidence that people can be highly infectious when first infected with HIV, if viral load is high (initial viremia), before they have developed a strong immune response which would include the development of antibodies. A point on terminology: this is a period of "HIV infection" - not necessarily (and probably not) "AIDS."
PEP following Broken Condom
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Swallowing Cum
- What Is The Risk Of Sucking Penis?
- Flaky Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.