Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Very worried!..cant go on!

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to read my qestion. I seem to be extremely confused about hiv. About 13 months ago i performed oral sex on a guy and he ejaculated in my mouth. Two weeks later a came down with a vaginal yeast infection. It would go away with treatment, but they it would reoccur. This went on for three months, then they stopped coming. Now about 8 months later they have started to come back. I was just wondering if the first batch of yeast infections could be part of ARS because i was told that a drop is cd4 count can cause yeast infections during this time..and they went away because my cd4 began to increase and ARS was over..now my second batch of vaginal yeast infections are are a result of the disease progressing. I took an Hiv antibody test during the second batch of yeast infections..which meant i waited about 13 months..and it came back negative, but i seem to be doubted it because of the way my symptoms came for a few months...then they went away for months and then return. It just seems to mimic ARS to me. I was just wondering if i could of gotten a false negative, and should go get retested again. I recently got a hepatist B shot..a month before I took the test..can that produce a false negative. If you could get back to me as soon a possible it would be greatly appreciated..i'm only 19 and all these stress is ruining my life..Its hard to concentrate on anything but HIV! Thanks!

Response from Dr. Remien

HIV testing is rarely inaccurate. Nobody can tell you via the Internet if you are or are not infected. Please keep yourself from worrying needlessly about this. There are many things that can cause yeast infections. Go back to your doctor and let him or her know about your concerns and work with him/her so that you can indeed be re-assured about your health.

What percent does mix couples have on staying HIV-
Oral Sex and mixed status couples