Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

will i always feel impotent

although i have only been diagnosed hiv/aids for two months I can put it back to sixteen years ago. About five years ago I had a medical test where they put a catheter up my penus, since that time I only felt like sex twice and the second time my penus bent to one side. I am hetrosexual and 60 years old. The question is has having hiv caused this or the medical test and can any thing be done as my wife who is negative and I still want to make love .Please if there is some hope let me know . Thank you Young at heart.

Response from Dr. Remien

Dear Young at Heart: Having HIV/AIDS does not need to be a reason for not having sex nor a cause of diminished libido (loss of sexual interest). You should first consult with a physician about this issue. If there does not seem to be a physical condition that is causing your loss of sexual interest then you may want to talk with an experienced counselor about your situation. There is hope and you and your wife deserve to be able to make satisfying and "safe" love with each other. Good luck and remain "young at heart!"

Undetectable but concerned
I'm HIV+ male, she's not