Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

will he still get infected?

I am hiv+ and my partner is negative. We have engaged in a lot of unprotected sexual activity. He says that when there is a lot of lubrication, then there is less chance for him to get infected. My loads are very low but I know that there is still a chance for him to get infected. Does lubrication reduce chances a little?

Response from Dr. Remien

I don't believe there is specific data on this. If there is added protection from lubrication I believe that would be because there may be less friction and irritation of the mucous membranes where the virus might enter. However, it sounds to me like you are taking serious risks and it is certainly possible for your partner to become infected.

Link between non transmission and slow progression
Is there an answer