|Preventative Measures in a mixed status relationship
Aug 19, 2002
Recently I fell in love with someone who is HIV+. His viral load is undetectable. With an open ulcer in my mouth is saliva a transmittor of HIV? Please visit the "Safe Sex, Prevention and Transmission" forum on this website.
Response from Dr. Remien
Saliva is not considered to be a risk factor for transmission of HIV. People are generally advised to be careful about unprotected oral sex (oral-genitalcontact) when they have open sores in their mouth because of the risk of tanmsission via genital secretions.
Will CD4+ Count Increase Again?
- What Measures Can Be Taken To Prevent Infections With Hiv?
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.