Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

going crazy

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I have been tested for HIV numerous times. I had an unsafe encounter 11 weeks ago. On the 7th week I had soarness under my left arm. I went and seen my Dr. who is a Infectious Disease Speacilist. She could not tell that any lymph nodes was swallon. She performed an HIV test at that time, which the results was negative. My question is if you are having symptoms this strong from HIV would the antibodies be present in your blood, thanks going crazy

Response from Dr. Remien

Trust your doctor and consider re-testing in another month or so. Soreness under your left arm could be due to a number of factors. You are not having "symptoms that are strong from HIV." However, when someone is infected with HIV, antibodies are usually developed within a few weeks to 3 months after infection. Again, relax and work with your doctor. And also try to keep your "encounters" safe if you keep finding yourself "going crazy" and worrying about HIV. IF you feel you need help doing this, talk with a mental health counselor about it.

How safe is kissing after flossing?
love my pos. husband very much-not attracted sexually