Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

How safe is kissing after flossing?

I would like to know how safe kissing is after flossing. I am HIV- and my husband is HIV+. We always wait at least 3-4 hours after flossing before kissing. I do tend to bleed when I floss, so how long do you think we should wait before any sort of deep kissing takes place? Is 3-4 hours enough time for the bleeding gums to "heal".

Response from Dr. Remien

That seems to me to be more than enough time. Kissing is not considered to be a risk behavior for HIV transmission. You are already taking "extra" precaution by making sure there is no bleeding while engaged in deep kissing. Relax and enjoy each other.

virtually indestructible / am i killing myself ?
going crazy