Feb 23, 2002
IVE BEEN GOING OUT WITH MY BOYFRIEND FOR 2YEARS.HE TESTED NEGATIVE TO HIV. DOES THAT MEAN THAT I WILL TEST NEGATIVE TOO
Response from Dr. Remien
If your boyfriend is not infected with HIV then you cannot get HIV from him. However, if he has HIV and has not yet developed antibodies to the virus than he can transmit HIV to you if you are having unprotected sex with him. Antibodies are usually developed within 3-6 months after infection, but can take longer. Bottom line: people should use protection unless they have no reason to think that their partner is infected with HIV or other STDs, and is also being monogamous. Otherwise there is risk.
Do we really have fifty years together?
- Dry Cough After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Drink After Chlamydia Medication?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.