Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

TIREDNESS.

I have been HIV+ for four years. I find that I get a little tired from time to time. Is this common? I am not on any medication.

Response from Dr. Remien

While it is fairly common for people with HIV to experience periodic tiredness, particularly if they have an elevated viral load, there are many, many reasons that someone can feel tired from time-to-time. If you are not under the care of a physician you should be. This is a question you need to ask your doctor, because again, there are so many possible causes of fatigue that one cannot simply attribute it to HIV.

Is HIV transmitted through kissing?
AIDS