|Is HIV transmitted through kissing?
Feb 23, 2002
I would like to know if HIV can be transmitted by kissing or if it manifests in sweat and oher hitherto unknown modes of transmission
Response from Dr. Remien
Kissing and sweating are not considered as risk factors for the transmission of HIV. Please read related questions and answers on the Safe Sex, Prevention and Transmission forum on the website of The Body.
HIV and other STD's
- What Happens When Herpes Virus Enters Your Body?
- What Foods To Stay Away From When You Have Genital Herpes?
- What Can Cause A False Hpv Reading?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes With A Condom On?
- Transmission Of Herpes From Mouth To Vagina
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.