Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Help find info for prospective partner who is -

Dr. Remien,

I mainly need to know where i can go or send my prospective partner who is hiv - to find information on my disease. We want to try this, but he has only had mimimal experience with hiv (mainly me) I have been + for almost 3 years and i feel great and he makes me very happy and vice versa. I want to help ease his mind about the whole situation. Where can we find some articles on transmission ways and means, protection, etc. Any info would be helpful. I can only say it so many times. Reading it and hearing it would be easier to understand.

Response from Dr. Remien

It would be great if your prospective partner took enough interest to seek information from others beside you. There are a whole host of websites and forums, like this one, on the Internet and I recommend he start with the "Home" site of this website (The Body: www.thebody.com) and check out the links to other sites that are of interest. There is a lot written about transmission and protection, etc. He can also seek information from local organizations in your area (e.g., public health department, HIV/AIDS service organizations, college campuses, etc.) If he (and you) are interested in more "academic" articles, simply visit the library (or conduct searches on-line) and look for journal articles using key words such as "HIV transmission," HIV prevention," "Serodiscordant couples," etc. There is a lot written on the topic. Take care and good luck.

contact info?
does precum contain HIV,and where do test in los angeles santa clarita