Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples

Couple Wants Baby -- HIV + Dad

Dear Doctor:

My wife is negative and I am Hiv +. We live in the NYC area and are looking for a Doctor who would be willing to perform in vitro fertilization. Do you know any doctors in the U.S.?

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Remien

I'm sorry, but I do not have any personal information about this. You are not alone in wanting this information and I have answered questions on this topic before. I still believe that anyone interested in pursing these procedures should start by talking with their own doctor and asking him or her for referrals. You may also find the following website informative: Assisted Reproduction Foundation

There is some specific information at this site about "HIV Biology" under the "Scientific Information" link

Good luck!

positive man - how to give support to negative partner
Could I be immune?