The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Mixed-HIV-Status CouplesMixed-HIV-Status Couples
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Couple Wants Baby -- HIV + Dad
Aug 29, 2000

Dear Doctor:

My wife is negative and I am Hiv +. We live in the NYC area and are looking for a Doctor who would be willing to perform in vitro fertilization. Do you know any doctors in the U.S.?

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Remien

I'm sorry, but I do not have any personal information about this. You are not alone in wanting this information and I have answered questions on this topic before. I still believe that anyone interested in pursing these procedures should start by talking with their own doctor and asking him or her for referrals. You may also find the following website informative: Assisted Reproduction Foundation

There is some specific information at this site about "HIV Biology" under the "Scientific Information" link

Good luck!

positive man - how to give support to negative partner
Could I be immune?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint