Women and HIVWomen and HIV

15 + wks and hiv +

I'm fifteen weeks pregnant and hiv positive my c4 count is 330 and my viral load is in 2400...I took a test today for skull syndrome where the baby is born with a partial skull. First of all is that a normal test for hiv + women (or women who are pregnant)? Or should I be concerned. Second of all, How worried should I be that my baby is going to have it? I'm finding myself stressing about my own health, I'm not on medication yet but I go for testing this coming week.

Response from Dr. Luzuriaga

A blood test for alpha fetoprotein level is done routinely on all women during the first trimester of pregnancy as a screening test for unusual brain or spinal cord malformations.

dosing calculation
father +mother hiv + can they healthy baby ?