|relationship between ages, race and HIV mothers breastfeeding
Oct 31, 2001
Is there a pattern in the ages of the HIV positive mothers who breastfeed their babies? Is there a particular race that tends to do this more than another?
Response from Dr. Jackson
In the Unites States HIV positive mothers (regardless of age and race) are strongly advised not to breastfeed their babies. In the poorer developing countries, particularly in Africa, breastfeeding among HIV infected women is nearly universal at every age.
thrush on skin
- Thrush After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
- What Std Would Cause Lower Back Pain?
- Could Pep Drugs Delay The Symptoms Of Ars
- Difference Between White Coating And Thrush
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.