Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Sperm Washing
Oct 31, 2001

I am HIV+ male and my wife is negative. We have one child, conceived before I knew I was positive. Both of them are negative. I have heared of this sperm washing tech. sometime ago. Has the tech. inproved any? And is it excepted by American doctors? And if so what is the going cost in getting it done? Thanks,

Response from Dr. Jackson

I suggest you call a physician in your area who specializes in infertility. He/she should be able to give you a cost estimate of the procedure and what technique is used. Washing of sperm may lower the risk of HIV transmission but it will not eliminate the risk.

BJ

BJ

Previous
percentage rate of children in foster care with Aids
Next
relationship between ages, race and HIV mothers breastfeeding

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.