Women and HIVWomen and HIV

Sperm Washing

I am HIV+ male and my wife is negative. We have one child, conceived before I knew I was positive. Both of them are negative. I have heared of this sperm washing tech. sometime ago. Has the tech. inproved any? And is it excepted by American doctors? And if so what is the going cost in getting it done? Thanks,

Response from Dr. Jackson

I suggest you call a physician in your area who specializes in infertility. He/she should be able to give you a cost estimate of the procedure and what technique is used. Washing of sperm may lower the risk of HIV transmission but it will not eliminate the risk.

BJ

BJ

percentage rate of children in foster care with Aids
relationship between ages, race and HIV mothers breastfeeding