|HIV positive mothers' reasons for breastfeeding
Oct 26, 2001
Why do HIV positive mothers make the decision to breastfeed their babies if there is a risk for spreading the virus to the baby?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Women in developing countries often breastfeed their babies because they cannot afford to buy formula, they have no clean water, and they are stigmatized by their community if they do not breastfeed their baby.
doctors opinions about HIV and breastfeeding
Does the sex of the baby matter
- What Is The Earliest You Can Get Tested For Hiv?
- Mild Flu-like Symptoms And Hiv
- Will You Have Hpv Genital Warts Your Whole Life?
- Why Do I Get Shingles Even After I Have Had The Vaccination?
- Where Do Herpes Show Up Inside Your Mouth?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.