|HIV positive mothers' reasons for breastfeeding
Oct 26, 2001
Why do HIV positive mothers make the decision to breastfeed their babies if there is a risk for spreading the virus to the baby?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Women in developing countries often breastfeed their babies because they cannot afford to buy formula, they have no clean water, and they are stigmatized by their community if they do not breastfeed their baby.
doctors opinions about HIV and breastfeeding
Does the sex of the baby matter
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Chances Of Getting Cervical Cancer If You Are Monogamous
- Oral Std Symptoms
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.