Women and HIVWomen and HIV

22 weeks pregnant and exposed to cytomegalovirus

I am currently 22 weeks pregnant. I am an OB nurse that cared for a patient last week whose baby came back positive for CMV. Prognosis is not good for the baby. I took care of this patient through her whole labor and delivery. I cared for and bathed the baby afterwards. I always use universal precautions. Do I have anything to worry about as far as the health of me or my baby goes.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

You have nothing to worry about; the use of universal precautions protects against nosocomial acquisition of CMV;JLS.

confused as for test
Nevirapine & 4 year Old