|pregnancy and aids/hiv
Jul 30, 2000
IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ARE PREGNANT WOMEN REQUIRED
TO TAKE HIV/AIDS TEST?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
In the U.S., HIV testing is not required. However, because HIV is one of the most common infections that can be passed from mom to baby, routine testing of pregnant women for HIV (along with testing for other infections such as syphilis, hepatitis, etc) is recommended.
Katherine Luzuriaga, M.D.
AZT side affects on healthy baby?
- Stinging Pain Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Can Selenium Sulfide Help With Flat Warts Hpv?
- Are Body Itch, Joint Pain, Numbness HIV Symptoms?
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
- Delayed Seroconversion After 4 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.