|AZT side affects on healthy baby?
Jul 30, 2000
My newborn baby was administered AZT the same day she was born. However my wife was found not to be HIV positive. The medication was discontinued after four days. What effect will this have on my baby whom was otherwise a healthy baby?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
No long-term side effects have been identified thus far in babies who have received AZT to prevent HIV transmission. It is therefore unlikely that your baby's brief exposure to AZT will have any ill effects.
Katherine Luzuriaga, M.D.
Birth Control Pills
pregnancy and aids/hiv
- Is Itchy Skin An Ars Symptom?
- Diarrhea After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.