|AZT side affects on healthy baby?
Jul 30, 2000
My newborn baby was administered AZT the same day she was born. However my wife was found not to be HIV positive. The medication was discontinued after four days. What effect will this have on my baby whom was otherwise a healthy baby?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
No long-term side effects have been identified thus far in babies who have received AZT to prevent HIV transmission. It is therefore unlikely that your baby's brief exposure to AZT will have any ill effects.
Katherine Luzuriaga, M.D.
Birth Control Pills
pregnancy and aids/hiv
- How Do You Know If You Have Shingles?
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Burning Penis After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Needle Stick Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.