Women and HIVWomen and HIV

PLLLLEASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME. DURING MY PREGNANCY I TESTED HIV POSTIVE ELISA AND NEGATIVE WESTERN BLOT THIS WAS 2 WKS AFTER THE LAST POSSILBE TIME. SO THEY HAD ME RETEST AT MY 6 WK CHECK UP AFTER HAVING THE BABY SINCE THEY SAID PREGNANCY CAN THROW IT OFF. SO THIS WOULD BE 22 WKS AFTER LAST POSSILBE EXPOSURE AND 20 WKS AFTER MY FIRST TEST. MY RESULTS WERE NEGATIVE. CAN U TELL ME WHERE I STAND? AM I NEGATIVE? IF I HAD BEEN GOING TO POSTIVE WITH THE FIRST TEST WOULDN'T MY SECOND TEST BE POSTIVE NOT BACK TO NEGATIVE???? THANKS SO MUCH THIS WILL MEAN SO MUCH IF YOU ANSWER THIS I AM SO STRESSED OUT.

Response from Dr. Sullivan

It is possible[ and reasonably common] to have a false positive HIV ELISA test; the false positive result is resolved by getting another type of test called the HIV western blot or by repeating the HIV ELISA test; your repeat test was negative; you are not infected with HIV; JLS.

If you could please help me
saliva contact!