|HIV - Children
Oct 12, 2001
My boyfriend has HIV, are children out of the question?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Children are not out of the question, but there is a risk of you or the baby becoming infected should you become infected during sexual intercourse to conceive the baby. This risk is relatively small (1 in 500 per sex act on average), but obviously HIV infection is devastating should it occur. In vitro fertilization probably lowers this risk, but cannot reduce the risk to zero.
Troubled, Suicidal Even! Am I Pregnant??
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis From Oysters?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted By Sharing A Cigarette?
- Can You Get Hiv From Breast Milk In The Eye?
- Does Blood Plasma Transmit HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.