|HIV - Children
Oct 12, 2001
My boyfriend has HIV, are children out of the question?
Response from Dr. Jackson
Children are not out of the question, but there is a risk of you or the baby becoming infected should you become infected during sexual intercourse to conceive the baby. This risk is relatively small (1 in 500 per sex act on average), but obviously HIV infection is devastating should it occur. In vitro fertilization probably lowers this risk, but cannot reduce the risk to zero.
Troubled, Suicidal Even! Am I Pregnant??
- Chills After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.