|HIV in sperm?
Sep 25, 2001
I understand that HIV is found in semen but I am wondering if it is also found in sperm. In other words, if sperm is removed from semen does it still carry HIV?
Response from Dr. Sullivan
There is some controversy concerning infection of sperm; the general conscensus is that if it does occur it is a rare occurrence; JLS.
Testing during pregnancy
How long CMV IgM test will be positive?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Condom Inside Out Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.