|dad+, mom-, pregnancy and hiv testing
Sep 25, 2001
I am due to have our second child within the month. My husband and I ALWAYS practice safe sex except when using ovulation predictors and attempting pregnancy. (twice now). What would be your recommendation for testing during pregnancy. Had viral load test at 6 months and was still -. Thank you for your opinions!
Response from Dr. Sullivan
Assuming you did not have unprotected sex during the six months after becoming impregnated I think you can be comfortable about being HIV negative; if you remain concerned I would suggest a HIV DNA test; JLS.
Testing during pregnancy
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Azithromycin Dose For Chlamydia
- Do Pap Smears Test For Gonorrhea?
- Symptoms Of This Std In Men Can Cause Epididymitis And Can Also Spread To The Blood Or Joints
- Are Purple Bumps On Side Of Mouth Cheeks A Sign Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.