Sep 15, 2001
CAN A (PAP) TELL ME IF I HAVE HIV.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
A Pap smear is a procedure that collects cells from the cervix in order to examine them for evidence of cancer. It is not a test for HIV infection. HIV-specific tests must be used to diagnose or exclude HIV infection.
Infant son has recurring fevers
- Cases Of Wife Contracting Hiv After Husband Had Visited A Prostitute
- If You Swallow The Semen Of Hiv Infected Person Can You Get Hiv?
- Is It Almost Impossible For A Man To Get Hiv From A Woman?
- What Is The Difference Between Hiv And The Flu?
- Can I Get Herpes From One Kiss?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.