Sep 15, 2001
CAN A (PAP) TELL ME IF I HAVE HIV.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
A Pap smear is a procedure that collects cells from the cervix in order to examine them for evidence of cancer. It is not a test for HIV infection. HIV-specific tests must be used to diagnose or exclude HIV infection.
Infant son has recurring fevers
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes From Infected Person?
- What Happens If Shingles Are Not Treated With Medicine?
- What Does Herpes Discharge Look Like?
- What Color Is The Discharge From Gonorrhea?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.