Sep 15, 2001
CAN A (PAP) TELL ME IF I HAVE HIV.
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
A Pap smear is a procedure that collects cells from the cervix in order to examine them for evidence of cancer. It is not a test for HIV infection. HIV-specific tests must be used to diagnose or exclude HIV infection.
Infant son has recurring fevers
- Is Black Spots A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Itchy Skin A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
- Accidental Intake Of A Double Dose Of HIV Medication
- Are Dark Spots On Mouth Area And Penis Tip Signs Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.