|HIV Exposed Infant
Sep 5, 2001
When an infant born to an HIV+ mom becomes infected at birth does it show any symptoms of infection such as fever, loss of appetite, ete?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
While many adults experience symptoms (fever, rash, mononucleosis-like syndrome) during primary infection, these symptoms are uncommon in very young infants. Young infants more commonly present with thrush (white coating of the tongue due to a fungal infection), hepatosplenomegaly (enlarged liver and spleen), or failure to thrive (poor growth).
pregnancy risk for hpv+
Does having thrush mean that my baby is already infected
- Does Everyone Exposed To Hiv Get Infected?
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.