Women and HIVWomen and HIV

my friend is pregnant to a man with AIDS

how possible is it to be pregnant with a man that is hiv+ and the woman is not, for the baby to be neg? My friend is still having sex with him unprotected. Is she causing this unborn baby more harm than what is already done? Please answer...I am a very concerned friend. she did know that he was hiv+ before she got pregnant to him. why??? I DONT KNOW!! BUt she does claim to be testing neg. for hiv.

Response from Dr. Jackson

It is very possible for a woman to become pregnant by an HIV infected man, and neither the mother or the baby becoming HIV infected. However, the woman and the fetus run the risk of becoming HIV infected especially with repeated unprotected sexual exposure.

BJ

HIV adn IVF
a baby in a traditional way