Women and HIVWomen and HIV

HIV adn IVF

Approximately 9 months ago while preparing for IVF treatment my wife was found to be HIV positive.I tested negative. We would still like to proceed with getting pregnant. Her CD4 is stable at 700 and her viral load is undetectable. Her HIV Doc is gung ho with the idea, however teh IVF Doc is a little nervous as he is having trouble locating a facility with an established protocol to deal with this situation, and has not himself dealt with it before. We live in massachusetts. Is there a recognised IVF centre where HIV considerations are routine ?? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks

Response from Dr. Jackson

I suggest that you contact IVF programs directly to find out whether IVF is available to HIV+ women. The number for the In vitro fertilization clinic at Johns Hopkins Hospital is 410-583-2749.

BJ

IVF programs and hiv
my friend is pregnant to a man with AIDS