|Test for viral load in vaginal secretions
Aug 3, 2001
I keep reading about possibility of infection of the husband even though his wife has undetectable viral load. Why is'nt there a kit or test of some sort to help couples know one way or the other what the viral load is in vaginal secretions. We want to have a baby and I don't know what to say to my husband. While all the guessing?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
There are some technical difficulties in measuring viral load in vaginal secretions and at present, the procedures are not standardized. While this is an area of active research, it will probably be at least a couple of years before a method is more widely available.
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Burning Sensation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.