|Re: double checking
Jul 19, 2001
This is in response to my first question on double checking. I took the Hiv test when I was 5 weeks pregnant. Should I take the test again?
Response from Dr. Luzuriaga
Testing just once during pregancy is recommended. Re-testing later in pregancy is only recommended for individuals with ongoing exposures that could put them at risk for infection (e.g., intravenous drug use, sex with multiple partners or with a known HIV positive partner).
- Does Sinus Infection Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Dizziness An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.